Thursday, January 12, 2012

An FYI Regarding Blodeuwedd's Tale

Just in case you're waiting for me to address the Blodeuwedd part of the Arianrhod/Llew myth, I should warn you that I'm not going to.

At least not other than as it pertains to Arianrhod and her dooms.

Instead I'm going to direct you over to my fellow priestess, Nyt, who is far more "in touch" with Blodeuwedd than I am. Check out her excellent blog, Oak, Broom and Meadowsweet.

Despite the fact that the tale links them, and that they "may" be related aspects in Triple-Goddess format, Arianrhod and Blodeuwedd are absolutely two separate deities. I write about Arianrhod because I have worked with her for approximately 20 years, and have had much time to meditate upon her tale. I do not have the same privilege, knowledge or understanding with Blodeuwedd, so I'd rather refer you to someone who does, until such time as she herself smacks me in the head and asks me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment